https://www.sweetonion.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/vidalia-onion.jpg 300 300 admin https://www.sweetonion.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/vidalia-onion-logo.png admin2015-02-24 03:40:082023-03-27 16:17:58Sweet Onion Apple and Chicken Salad
Sweet Onion Apple and Chicken Salad
- 3 cups (about 1 pound) diced, unpeeled sweet red apples
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Vidalia onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup dark raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted* walnuts
- Creamy Apple Dressing (recipe follows)
* To roast walnuts: Place in a dry pan over low heat, stirring frequently, until golden, about 5 minutes.
In a large serving bowl place apples, chicken, Vidalia Onion, celery, raisins and walnuts. Top with Creamy Apple Dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
YIELD: 4 portions, 8 cups